Semester Ticket Office
The time has finally come. The possibility to upgrade the RMV-Semester Ticket to the Deutschlandticket is now possible.
The following link will take you directly to the authentication and ordering process:
Here again the most important information/conditions:
– Only enrolled students in possession of a valid RMV semester ticket are entitled to purchase/possess the upgrade.
– The offer is voluntary and has to be paid by the user himself/herself
– The upgrade costs per month: 10,07 € EUR
– At the beginning only SEPA is available – we will try to add more payment methods (PayPal and credit card) during June.
– As an upgrade a Germany ticket will be issued. The Deutschlandticket is subject to the general tariff regulations and is valid throughout Germany in 2nd class on local and regional trains.
– The upgrade can be purchased at any time for the current month.
– The upgrade is only available as a HandyTicket
– The upgrade is offered as a subscription with the option of monthly cancellation.
– Cancellation is possible until the last day of each month
– No billing of a current month possible in case of premature cancellation
– If not cancelled, the upgrade ends at the end of the respective semester at the latest.
– The upgrade must be purchased again at the beginning of each semester.
– For control purposes, the current RMV semester ticket and a photo ID must also be carried along.
– If you have any questions regarding the upgrade, please contact the respective ASTA/university.
Have fun using the public transport system!
Reimbursement of RMV Semester Ticket Fee
The application for reimbursement of public transportation fees for summer semester 23 must be submitted no later than 05/09/2023 (refund deadline) with the required evidence and the study chip.
The application for reimbursement of public transportation fees for the winter semester 22/23 was possible at the latest by 14.11.2022 (refund deadline) with the required proofs and the Study-Chip.
More information about the refund , Study-Chip submission, Study-Chip pick-up can be found below.
What is the semester ticket?
The semester ticket is printed on the study chip and is paid automatically with the semester fees when enrolling or re-registering. It allows you to use all regional trains, S-Bahn (suburban railway), underground, trams, and buses in the entire area of the Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund (RMV).
When is the ticket valid?
- In the winter semester, the semester ticket is valid from October 1 + one month in advance
- In the summer semester, the semester ticket is valid from April 1 + one month in advance
The AStA semester ticket is valid for the entire semester and even one month prior to the beginning of the semester, i.e. in the summer semester from March 1 to September 30 at the earliest and in the winter semester from September 1 to March 31 at the earliest. The validity period therefore always extends over seven months. The AStA semester ticket can therefore also be used to look for accommodation or to attend preliminary courses before the official class start.
The ticket is printed on the study chip.
You pay for it at the beginning of the semester with your registration.
What is the purpose of the semester ticket?
“In an effort to meet the social and economic needs of students, and to ensure that students are mobile by environmentally friendly means of transport, RMV and AStA have concluded the following agreement: […]”.
is stated in the preamble to the agreement between AStA and RMV. The AStA, through the choice of students and its position as a public corporation, has the possibility of concluding a contract of this kind, which brings considerable financial benefits to students. It can only be so cheap because all the students automatically buy the ticket. True to the motto: “One for all – all for one!” Since the ticket is used by students with varying degrees of intensity, they all pay more or less the average price. Even for those who use the ticket only rarely, there is a cost advantage over buying single tickets, even if the use is low. In addition, the ticket is subsidized by compensation payments for trainee transport, making the amount payable even lower.
The validity of the semester ticket
The semester ticket is valid for an entire semester. Any number of trips are permitted within the printed validity period. The ticket can already be used one month prior to the start of the semester. This means that you can use the ticket for travel for a total of seven months.
Where can I travel with the semester ticket?
The semester ticket is valid on regional trains, S-Bahn, U-Bahn, trams, and buses throughout the RMV area, as well as in the transition areas of the VRN and NVV. You can use it not only in Frankfurt, but you can ride within almost all of Hesse as often as you like.
The following map shows the area of validity with the most important railway stations. All border stations are also shown. The validity ends at these points and a connecting ticket must be purchased. Just click on the map and download the complete map in PDF form.